MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Firefighters credit alarm for catching house fire early

Firefighters say an alarm caught this fire early (NTV News)

Grand Island firefighters say an alarm system caught a house fire early, preventing more serious damage.

The home is located at the corner of Sixth and Taft Street in eastern Grand Island.

Shift Commander Ed Carlin said the fire was in the attic, and appeared to have been caused by an electrical problem.

Carlin said the homeowners arrived the same time firefighters did, after being alerted by an alarm.

"Upon our arrival, smoke still wasn't visible outside the house. You'd have to look hard to see it. We had a good jump on the fire before it got too big," Carlin said.

Carlin said that early alert allowed them to get the fire out quickly. He said no one was home at the time of the fire, which happened early Wednesday afternoon.

Firefighters reported damage to the ceiling, walls, and trusses, along with electrical damage.

The Red Cross was on scene to help the family of three that lives in the home.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off

Trending