Nebraska Extension encourages others to help with 4-H Healthy Habits program
The Healthy Habits program encourages youth and their families to take action to improve dietary choices and increase physical fitness.
Healthy Habit grants will:
- Impacting 2,000 youth across Nebraska
- Help local programs concentrate on 3rd-5th grade students and utilized the CATCH Kids Club curriculum
About Teen Ambassadors:
- 50 Teen Ambassadors across the state
- Buffalo County had two ambassadors
- Teens served as role models
- Teens set up lesson plans and taught lessons to youth
- Teen ambassadors learned about nutrition and physical activity with youth they taught
- Teen ambassadors gained valuable teaching experience
- Teen ambassadors were given the opportunity to work with diverse audiences
The Walmart Foundation helps fund the grant for this program.