Route announced for 2019 Tour de Nebraska
A panhandle route has been announced for next year's Tour de Nebraska.
Five hundred riders from 25 states are expected on the annual bike ride, which has never been this far west.
The 32nd Tour de Nebraska announced its 2019 event will be June 19-23, and will start and end in Sidney.
- Day 1: Sidney to Kimball – 38 miles
- Day 2: Kimball to Gering – 44 miles
- Day 3: Gering to Scottsbluff – 5, 30 or 77-100 miles
- Day 4: Scottsbluff to Bridgeport – 51 miles
- Day 5: Bridgeport to Sidney – 45 miles
Event organizers say the five-day bicycle ride totals about 243 miles. It will feature views of Wildcat Hills into the North Platte Valley, Scotts Bluff National Monument, Courthouse and Jail Rocks.