Tri-City Storm drop high-scoring game to Fargo

Tri-City Storm Logo

The Tri-City Storm dropped a high-scoring game on Saturday at the Viaero Center by a final score of 6-3 to the Fargo Force, according to a press release by the Storm.

With the win, Fargo takes a 2-0 season series lead heading to the final two games between the teams next weekend in Fargo. Tri-City scored three second-period goals, but was ultimately unable to complete the comeback.

Fargo scored less than two minutes into the game to take a 1-0 lead over Tri-City. Sammy Steele netted his seventh of the season at the 1:53 mark of the period. The Force added an additional first-period goal to increase their lead to 2-0 at 13:53 of the period. William Fallstrom recorded his eighth goal of the year with assists going to Ty Farmer and Spencer Meier. Fargo led 2-0 after the first and outshot Tri-City 11-4.

The Storm responded with two quick goals in the first six minutes of the second period to tie the game at 2-2. The first Storm goal of the night was scored by Hugo Blixt on the power play. Bryan Yoon had the lone assist on the Blixt goal. Another Storm goal was scored less than two minutes later by Chase McLane. The goal by McLane was his first of the season and first career USHL goal. The game tying goal by McLane was scored at the 5:37 mark of the second period and was assisted by Bryan Yoon. The Force regained the lead at the 10:56 mark of the period on a goal from Ben Meyers. The goal from Meyers was his 12th of the season. Tri-City responded again and tied the game with an even strength goal from Filip Forsmark. Ronnie Attard collected the lone assist on Forsmark’s fifth tally of the year. Two additional goals were scored by Fargo in the final three minutes of the period to give the Force a two goal lead entering the third period. Connor Mayer scored his second goal of the season at the 17:42 mark of the period, and Evan Bell scored a goal with two seconds remaining in the period. Fargo led 5-3 entering the third period after each team scored three goals in the second period.

The Storm made a goaltending change to start the final period, with Filip Larsson coming in to replace Jake Barczewski. Fargo’s Ty Farmer scored the only goal of the third period at 14:12 and the Storm fell 6-3. Tri-City has now lost four consecutive games for the first time this season and will look to respond in a weekday matchup against Omaha on Wednesday.

The Storm return to action at 7:35 p.m. Wednesday night at the Viaero Center in a rivalry game matchup against the Omaha Lancers. The game will be the seventh of the season between the two teams, with each team winning three of the first six games in the season series.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off